Just like adults, children also deserve to enjoy these types of pools. They are a way of introducing children to a culture of water through fun spaces where they can have a good time other than in a pool.
Children´s wellness pools that are watched over by a lifeguard also allow adults to enjoy their downtime in peace.
- Uses: Children´s leisure
- Target public: Children from 3 to 12
- Seasonality: All year round
- Usual location: Wellness centers, sports centers, hotels and resorts
- Geometry: There no specific geometry in this case as they can be any shape from rectangular, to round trhough to completly irregular.
- Temperature: Between 32 and 34 ºC. The temperature is slightly lower than in adult wellness pools as kids tend to move around more once in them.
- Depth: From 0.3 to 0.6 m. all water features such as air bubbles and hydromassage benches are designed based on the stature of children from 3 to 12.
- Recirculation time: As often as possible. In order to avoid any risk of Legionella from spreading through air and water convection, the recommended recirculation time is every 20–30 minutes.
- Water Treatment: In order to look after children’s health as well as possible, the system recommended for these types of pool is called Neolysis, which in a single reactor combines salt chlorination with UV radiation.
- Pool shell finish: Ceramic or vitreous tiling.
- Water recirculation: Overflow channel around the entire edge of the pool to reach the level required for filtration.
- Construction system: Concrete basin.
- Regulations: It is important to compare previous regulations with the ones currently in force.
If you want to know the essential steps to create the most optimized commercial pool, request our guide of solutions for Commercial Pool projects.