These pools usually feature elements that allow children to interact with the water, such as pirate ships, whale skeletons, water cannons and even small islands.
Amenities designed especially for children are something that parents consider when deciding on the hotel or resort where they will spend their holidays. Therefore, this type of pool always adds value to a hotel establishment. Likewise, if they included in real estate developments properties are even more appealing.
- Uses: Leisure
- Target public: Children
- Seasonality: Indoor pools can be used all year round and outdoor ones in summer
- Usual location: Water parks, children´s parks or kids´areas
- Geometry: The use of smooth, irregular shapes is recommended.
- Temperature: 30 – 32 ℃ for indoor pools and heated water for outdoor pools.
- Depth: From 0.30 to 0.50 m. Water features can be added whatever the depth, whilst ensuring minors are kept safe.
- Recirculation time: Will depend on local regulations, but may last between 30 and 1 hours. This type of pool requires a very thorough water treatment system due to the young age of the users and the high amount of organic substances in the water.
- Water Treatment: Children can spend hours in the pool, so it is recommended to use technologies such as a UV water treatment system or salt chlorinator that keep the generation of by-products derived from chlorine to a minimum and, therefore, that enhance the well-being of swimmers as they will suffer far less from the discomfort of sore eyes and irritated mucous membranes.
- Pool shell finish: A vitreous coating (glass tiling) is recommended as it is a material that adapts better than no other to irregular geometric shapes.
- Water recirculation: An overflow system around the whole edge of the pool is the most efficient water recirculation method.
- Construction system: Hotcrete and high-density polystyrene make it easy to build irregular shapes.
- Regulations: It is important to compare previous regulations with the ones currently in force.
If you want to know the essential steps to create the most optimized commercial pool, request our guide of solutions for Commercial Pool projects.