These artificial waterways found at large resorts and housing developments provide guests and residents with the opportunity to tour a resort or housing estate in canoes or on rafts, carried along by a gentle current. They are an innovative way of organising the layout of a resort and connecting different areas as an alternative to pathways.
As with other types of commercial pools, lazy rivers are an effective way for resorts and holiday camps to gain a competitive edge.
- Uses: Leisure
- Target public: General public
- Seasonality: All year round, as they are generally locates in warm countries
- Usual location: Resorts and housing estates
- Geometry: The shape of natural rivers should be reproduced.
- Temperature: Ambient.
- Depth: From 0.8 to 1.2 m.
- Recirculation time: Depending on local regulations, every 6 to 8 hours is recommended.
- Water Treatment: Traditional systems are recommended, with no additional technology required
- Pool shell finish: Should blend in with the surroundings.
- Water recirculation: Water is collected in skimmers near the pump room.
- Construction system: Shotcrete
- Regulations: It is important to compare previous regulations with the ones currently in force.
If you want to know the essential steps to create the most optimized commercial pool, request our guide of solutions for Comercial Pool projects.